SmithBits TalkRadio

Sunday, November 18, 2018

See Your Creativity Echo Throughout The Web

Facebook
Twitter
Website
Instagram

See Your Creativity Echo Throughout The Web

Q&A: ReverbNation Competition Winner Arran Page – “without music, life would be a mistake”


I grew up in the West Midlands and became obsessed with music at around 12 years old (I’m 28 now!). I was playing guitar, singing and writing down lyrics almost constantly, it became a new fascination for me and a way to express myself emotionally. It still is, to this day. I go out busking almost every day and believe that as Nietzsche said, “without music, life would be a mistake”.
Read More

LA/LA Land: The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Dia de Los Muertos: scary season in LA.

Today is Halloween and I have taken down my Day of the Dead calaveras skulls and put up my Halloween jack-o-lanterns and bought more candy than I can eat in a decade, knowing that in my kid-concentrated neighborhood it will be gone tomorrow.  I attended my first Halloween event last night, a Rocky Horror Picture Show Jam at the famous Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood, featuring my friend Militia Vox (whose new album The Villainess was released last week) as Magenta.
Read More
Share
Tweet
Forward

Artistic Echoes Show – Puppet Theory - “catchy, punchy pop songs that will get stuck in your head!”

On this weeks Artistic Echoes Podcast we are joined in the studio by Puppet Theory for a special acoustic set – “catchy, punchy pop songs that will get stuck in your head!”
Plus on this weeks #mixtape we have The Hayes SistersWhitney TaiJoshua KYEOT and Nibs van der Spuy.
Listen Here

Fragile by Sam Ravenna – a top of the playlist debut album.


I couldn’t resist Sam Ravenna’s new album, Fragile which  picks up where his last releases left off, but is more diverse musically – making it even more interesting.   Fourteen perfectly crafted songs that seamlessly blends hip hop, electro funk, jazz, R&B  into music that not easy listening, but definitely easy to listen to. Released October 19, Fragile represents Ravenna’s use of music to navigate and sooth the vagaries of a fragile life that included a mental breakdown at 22.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment